Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Boston, MA United States
|| Healthcare, Other
Senior Health Communication Specialist|
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is seeking an experienced Health Communication Specialist to support our U.S. Health Services Division projects. This role may be based in our Boston, MA or Berkeley, CA offices, though we are also willing to consider placement in our other offices: Arlington, VA; Atlanta, GA; Bow, NH; Denver, CO; Providence, RI.
JSI is a public health research and consulting firm dedicated to promoting and improving health around the world. JSIís work in Health Communication (https://healthcommunication.jsi.com/) combines our decades of public health experience with strategies and approaches to support strategic communication and behavior change initiatives to improve people's lives.
The Senior Health Communication Specialist will support a range of public health projects and health communication campaigns throughout the U.S., with a primary focus on the new Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Technical Assistance, funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The COE for Behavioral Health will provide training and technical assistance to HRSA grantees to support the integration of evidence-based, culturally and linguistically competent behavioral health services into primary care, with a specific focus on opioid use. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HRSA Center of Excellence (COE) for Behavioral Health Technical Assistance:
- Leads the COE Communication Team, including graphic designers and other communications staff, and provides strategic communications leadership to the entire project team and HRSA Communication Staff
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a 3-year communications plan to promote the COE training and TA opportunities to HRSA grantees and stakeholders through the COE website, HRSA eNews and social media, conferences, and other strategic partnerships
- Oversees the development of branding and marketing templates and materials, while ensuring that all project materials are compliant with HRSA branding requirements and accessibility (Section 508) requirements
- Collaborates with technical staff to develop and implement recruitment strategies for training and TA activities and to produce a range of communications deliverables as needed to meet the project objectives
Other US-based Projects and Activities:
- Manages domestic health communication projects, including strategic communication initiatives and behavior change campaigns
- Provides thought leadership across the Division to implement innovative multi-channel communication strategies, with an emphasis on digital and social media
- Conducts formative research, including focus groups and interviews, for health communication projects
- Works in project teams to develop, test, and disseminate culturally-appropriate, compelling print and online materials for different audiences
- Supports monitoring and evaluation of health communication projects
- Provides strategic direction for JSIís new business efforts through proposal writing, development of relationships with potential clients, and generation of new project opportunities
- Collaborates with other Health Services Division staff and the JSI Corporate Communications Division to promote the work of the Health Services Division through a variety of formats (e.g., press releases, blog posts, videos, social media) to demonstrate JSIís impact
- Stays informed of new technologies including mapping tools, mobile apps, social media platforms, etc. to package and display relevant content in creative, visual, and useful ways
Qualifications & Requirements
- Advanced degree or certificate in communications, marketing, media, journalism, public health, or related field
- 10-12 years of related work experience required, with 8 years of progressive experience managing communications or marketing initiatives and 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- A passion for public health and working to improve health and equity.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development and execution of comprehensive health communication projects, with an emphasis on digital strategies and website development
- Considerable experience developing health information messages for health professionals and consumers, including communities of color and/or other marginalized groups
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing and prioritizing a large number of projects and clients simultaneously with competing deadlines in a complex and fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite products
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and website content management systems (WordPress, Drupal)
JSI Health Services works with public and private sector clients throughout the United States to address the most challenging health care issues. We are successful because we achieve optimal results for our clients through collaborative, customized approaches and our shared desire to improve the health of individuals and communities, in particular underserved and vulnerable populations.
JSI Health Services staff bring a deep understanding of health issues and vast knowledge of technical areas in health care. Our reputation is built on the dedication and excellence of our staff in meeting and exceeding client expectationsóand our long-term relationships with many clients prove that success. Our professional staff have advanced degrees and expertise gained from working directly in public and private health sectors.