Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Varies, WA United States
|| Computers, Software
Associate Technical Trainer|
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking early career talent to join our AWS Tech U Program. This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry.
These are some of the most challenging and exciting roles in the IT industry today. We work with cutting edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits, and government agencies around the world. This is a an unparalleled opportunity to leapfrog your peers and take a leadership role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The Associate Technical Trainer role will allow you to be on the cutting edge of new technology as AWS continues to extend the platform with new features and new cloud services. You will have opportunities to travel the world, work with AWS customers from all over, representing the hottest startups and most established companies, as they learn how to leverage AWS technology to transform their industries. You will have the opportunity to deliver instructor led courses with customers and record e-learning modules that will reach thousands of customers around the world. In addition, you will help identify areas of existing architectural collateral that need updating in order to ensure customers can create world-class solutions built on AWS.
As a Technical Trainer, you will be part of AWS Tech U, which is an accelerated career development program for those who want to advance both their technical and business skills. The Program will provide you with training and work experience that aligns in the fields of Solutions Architecture, Technical Training and Professional Service Consulting.
This unique program consists of a 6-month instructor lead, project-based learning curriculum (where you must be open to a virtual training for this portion of the program), followed by a 6-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) learning assignment within Technical Training located in a U.S. city, located in Seattle, WA; Herndon, VA; New York City; Arlington, VA as based on the needs of the business. AWS will provide relocation assistance for both the academic and OJT training assignments.
To complete formal application, please go to website (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/aws-students-and-graduates) and reference 1224193 in search field.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related science/technical fields, equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience
· Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, C++, or other modern computing languages
· Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
· Less than 2 years of relevant work experience
· Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
· Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
· Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP)
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.